"The heart has its reasons in which reason knows nothing" -Blaise Pascal

Sunday, March 23, 2008

CONGRATULATIONS!

Today is your day. You're off to great places- you're off and away. You have brains in your head.You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the guy who'll decide where to go...And when things start to happen,don't worry. Don't stew. Just go right along.You'll start happening too.
OH! THE PLACES YOU'LL GO
Dictionary.com cites the word "adventure" to mean 'an exciting and unusual experience, a bold and usually risky undertaking'. Since I was young (which I guess I still am) I have loved Dr. Suess' Oh The Places You'll GO. One wall in my bedroom has the words posted on it, a constant reminder as I wake up each morning of the potential I truly have as a daughter, sister, student, leader, and servant of my Heavenly Father. I don't know why this book has had such an impact on me. I think for some strange reason I've always been a little "old for my age". Not to say I am more mature than those my age because we all know I have my immature moments. But...I don't know, let's just say I'm pretty sure I have the soul of a thirty-five-year-old inside me. When I was little I just connected to the story's outer beauty- ok so i didn't call it that, per say. But I loved the pictures, the message so far as a 7 year old can understand, and the funny rhymes. As I've gotten older, I've realized how true the words really are.
Wherever you fly, you'll be the best of the best.Wherever you go, you will top all the rest.
Except when you don't Because, sometimes, you won't.
I'm sorry to say so but, sadly, it's true bang-ups and Hang-ups can happen to you.
I'm grateful for the direction I've recieved in my life from my parents, teachers, leaders, and friends. They have each, in special ways, taught me to be the person that I am today. They have taught me the true potential I have, but have not protected me in the condescending manner that I have so often seen that is explained by "I want to protect her". I know, because I have been taught, what I am up against. And it's scary. But, I know I can do it.
And will you succeed?Yes! You will, indeed!(98 and 3 / 4 percent guaranteed.)
KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS
So, with this realization, I've decided not to live my life in a constant struggle. I've decided that life is for adventure- unexpected and unusual as it might be. I'm going to live my life in a way that constitutes happiness and success. I'll move mountains. Will you?

2 comments:

mom of fab five said...

Glad to see youe=r alive!! And what is that about that i have to find out about your (shall we call it mishap? It sounds so much nicer than accident)mishap on your blog--it must not have been to awful bad or i'm sure i would have heard something. I can hardly wait to see your hair--bet its cute. And are you CRAZY--no jeans are worth $100.--sorry can't support you in that choice.LOL For now the places you'll go are back and forth from school--hope the year ends on a great note.Congrats on ALL STATE

Unknown said...

Good girl! Live large... go for your dreams with NO FEAR> I'm so proud of you for figuring out this stuff now instead of when you are old. You are so SO SO very good. I love you!