"The heart has its reasons in which reason knows nothing" -Blaise Pascal

Friday, June 22, 2007

Mila

mila means miracle. one of my best friends, kelsey, is mila's dad's cousin. mila was almost 3 years-old, and at the age of 2 had already been diagnosed with brain cancer. This sweet, sassy little girl passed away this week, and I had the privilege to attend her funeral today. It was beautiful, but SO sad. This little girl truly was a miracle, because I know that she chose to come down to earth, fully aware of the pain that would come along with her short journey here. She came not only to stregnthen herself, but to teach those of us who were lucky enough to be around her. She gave everyone stickers as her greeting. So, appropriately, everyone who attended the funeral today received a sticker as a reminder of the giving, loving spirit that Mila had. She was loved so much, and her family and friends all miss her very much. It makes me realize how lucky I am to have the knowledge and the comfort that comes along with it of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know because He died on the cross, I can live with my Heavenly Father once more, just as Mila is now. I know that she is in a happier place!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YA ALLI!!!!

Unknown said...

Alli, this is beautiful. I am so impressed with your depth, clarity and understanding of the Gospel! What a blessing YOU are to me! I love you!