"The heart has its reasons in which reason knows nothing" -Blaise Pascal

Sunday, June 8, 2008

"Cuz I'm A Blonde"

No, I didn't color my hair. This is just Hazel's favorite saying because it describes her actions pretty well. This latest episode has actually been my favorite as she has locked herself out of her house and Randy (her husband) wont be home until tuesday. She and her daughter are staying with us until Tuesday, and until then, PARTY! We got our nails done and they went shopping for new clothes. It really is so fun! Girl's camp (by the way) was dirty but very fun. I am NEVER that peppy and spiritual in such a short amount of time.
I'm going to pull a little bit of a Kirsten and bring up a small part of political news. I'm interested to see how the Clinton-endorsed Obama campaign works out. Unlike Kirsten, I really detest Hillary Clinton. I think politically, she may be a good leader and is a relatively conservative Democrat. However, she just rubs me wrong. Maybe I'm wrong for this but I'm so glad she is out of the race-not that I'm thrilled that this helps clear the way for Obama. I think she pulled the "woman card" too much and especially now is making too big a deal of having made "progress in women's rights". She has never struck me as a feminist until it worked to her advantage. It will be interesting to see what she does in the next few weeks for her political peer.
I am loving summer. I am loving the relaxation as well as some of the freedom to enjoy my friends and plan for next year. Hope everyone is doing well. More later.

5 comments:

Sheri said...

Totally with you on Hillary Clinton...although I would've rather had her be the nominee.

mom of fab five said...

Wow two posts in less than a month? Glad you had a good time at camp--i managed to have some fun with your mom while you were all off--I mean somebody had to do it. RIGHT? Can't wait to see your hair--your mom said it is really cute!!!

Drea said...

Alli, hi! So glad you found my blog. Yes! Camp reunion sounds fun, so call me and we can watch SYTYCD. I want to watch it today so email me so I can give you my number, or get it from Marisa. :)

Kirsten Krason said...

Hillary is slightly more conservative than Obama but only slightly. I will miss her and but I really hope Obama does not make her the V.P. I wish I could have stayed over for the Hazel sleepovers!

Unknown said...

Careful about blonds missy! MISS you!