"The heart has its reasons in which reason knows nothing" -Blaise Pascal

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

"Off Campus Housing, this is Alli"

Work work work. I am the newest receptionist/representative in the Off Campus Housing Office at BYU. I answer phone calls, help anyone who comes in the office, and go out into apartments and do inspections for students and landlords. I really like my job. However...

I GET BORED. Yesterday I finished a book. Today, I'm blogging. and it's only 9:15 in the morning. I've heard that we are about to get realllll busy. I sure hope so. And I'm positive that I will be longing for this free time once we start getting crazy. But for right now, I'm just hopin' and wishin' and prayin' that something fun comes my way...

I'm all moved into my new apartment. Waiting for roommates to come join me. Wondering how in the world I have managed to accumulate SO MUCH STUFF. And bewildered as to where to put it all. Marisa usually is the one to know where to put everything. I don't love my new apartment, but I'm learning to love certain things about it. Like...

  • my AWESOME white board that is already mounted on the wall
  • comfortable COUCHES with super cute PILLOWS that mom made
  • living in a BASEMENT apartment
And then there are things that I really am just STRUGGLING WITH. Like...

  • the showerhead that is approximately 4 inches shorter than me
  • having absolutely no kitchen shelve space
  • the lack of lighting
There are always pros and cons....I'm just hoping to find more PROS as the weeks go on.

2 comments:

momoffabfive said...

ok english major--isn't it shelf space and not shelve--you shelve something on the shelf

Alli said...

you are so correct!