"The heart has its reasons in which reason knows nothing" -Blaise Pascal

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Strange, I Know

My friends and I have this wierd obsession. Actually we have quite a few. But one of the wierdest is to go look at model homes. It might not be that strange...if we were atleast in college. Or married. Or atleast out of high school. But we're 16 and 17 years old. Why do we do this? I have no idea. It is so much fun to go exploring beautiful houses that we will probably never get to live in. It makes me want to drop out of high school and marry someone rich right now. WOW justttt kidding. Couldn't ever do that! Seriously though, some of these houses are the prettiest houses that I have ever seen.

We have other strange traditions- "exfoliating" (which is a code name for something else, ha), always sleeping the same way on my couch, making fun of Tiana (sorry friend), stealing each other's stuff without asking. Ok, so the last one isn't that strange; I think all teenage girls do that. I love my friends though. No matter how wierd we are we are best friends and that's what matters. Now before I get too cheesy I'm going to stop writing about them. At school, I'm in a club called Link Crew. We're involved with welcoming the incoming freshmen to our school and in making sure, throughout the year, that they are making a comfortable and fun transition into high school. But who are we kidding- when has high school ever been comfortable? Needless to say, it's a difficult job but one of my favorite things so far that I have had the privilege to do in high school. I have decided to run for President of Link Crew for next year and the only requirement is that I write a letter to the Link Crew Sponsors explaining why I should lead this group of leaders. What qualifies me for this job???? Any answers for me!?

2 comments:

Kirsten Krason said...

You should write about how you are a leader of the youth in your church. Model Homes are what I want to do with my degree!! i would love love love to design them. Have you ever heard of the parade of homes in Utah? You get to walk through like twenty beautiful huge homes in Utah. Very rich people with the coolest houses. I go every year!

Dublinia said...

#1...you are responsible and value the importance of dependability!