"The heart has its reasons in which reason knows nothing" -Blaise Pascal

Friday, April 4, 2008

ALL STATE

I just want to start out by saying...ALL STATE IS NEXT WEEK! For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about: I get to sing in a choir with 199 other extremely talented high school students from across the state next weekend at Gammage. I am so excited. Today was the first time I have heard any of the songs with more than 2 parts. My choir director's husband is the choir director at Dobson High School and I took the short trip over to Mesa to have a rehearsal with them today. It was amazing. I love talent and I love beautiful music. There is this guy (not for me, don't get excited) that goes to Dobson. My friend Courtney thinks he is just gorgeous. While I agree that he is good looking, he is much to short for me. However...he has the most amazing voice I have ever heard. Can't even explain to you how amazing it is. So i texted Courtney during rehearsal and told her that he has a life-altering voice. I've learned my lesson. For the next half hour I got to hear "I WANT HIM". It was hilarious. The girl couldn't even talk to him when she had the opportunity for a whole weekend. Why do we do that? Why can't we just suck it up and talk to the boys we want to? Girls, girls, girls....

5 comments:

Kirsten Krason said...

I love guys with good voices! you should marry David Archuleta. Good luck with preparing for state! I love reading your blog.

Amber said...

Oh-is all state still this weekend? Funny...I thought it was almost a month ago--why don't you update your blog? ;-)

Hazel said...

Amber you beat me to it. I loved your comment. Alli I realize that the school year is winding down and you have been sick, but maybe you could just do a short post.

mom of fab five said...

I can't be much of a stalker if you never give me any new info--come on--I want some dirt on Prom--boston, all state. SOMETHING....ANYthing.
I know you live an exciting life--quit being selfish and share a bit of it with us boring people who can only write about laundry!

mom of fab five said...

been here---read that. My goal is to write on your blog more than you do. Shouldn't be too hard.